ive got to get from Australia to Turkey to view, photograph & experience *again* the most remarkable feeling..seeing..*other than childbirth* of the Total Solar Eclipse in Turkey, in 2006. I would like to travel the surrounding areas for 3 months, and many goals to achieve before i can go.. But i start by manifesting Dreams ~ into Reality, today. Visit ECLIPSE 2006 for full Eclipse/Turkey feature.


Click for Antalya, Turkey Forecast

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Handy foreign cash straight from ATM

Handy foreign cash straight from ATM

Collin Hiss likes to save time when he travels by making all his bookings online and using his credit card for ATM withdrawals and purchases.

'I go overseas every eight weeks to the US, China or Europe. Most of the time I use my Visa card to get cash from ATMs,' he says. 'As soon as I am at the airport I get some local currency. While there are some small charges in doing it this way, it is very convenient.'

Hiss, 52, chief executive of Eagle Compact, which manufactures and sells electric golf walking carts to carry your clubs while you stroll the fairways, has no time for travellers' cheques.

'The problem with travellers' cheques is that you have to make a special trip to get the cheques. With my card, I don't have to go to the bank, just straight to the airport. I like cutting out the middle person if I can to save time. That's why I do all my bookings online so I don't have to deal with too many people.'

Hiss relies on his credit cards for all his travel expenses, which give him the added benefit of frequent flyer points. He uses cash for taxis and tips.

When at Heathrow Airport, he buys his euros at the Travelex bureau in the shared British Airways/Qantas Club. 'Whatever you have left over, the Travelex office takes back at no charge and gives you the equivalent in your local currency,' he says.

Posted by Spidey at 1:33 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home